29.11.14

DIOR EAU SAUVAGE: TOUCH POINT 2 - CELEBRITY GIFTING

As a promotion method and touch point I plan to work alongside iconic male celebrities via social media to promote the launch of Eau Sauvage. Social media is now a very important tool in which businesses are utilising to reach their target audiences. Most people in the modern age now have a smart phone with a variety of social networking apps. Famous celebrities such as the ones I have chosen are seen as inspiring for males globally which is why most of them have over 500,000 - 1,000,000 followers on their personal online platforms. If they were to tweet or instagram about the launch of Eau Sauvage then they would all reach an extremely large amount of people. The gifting will work by paying and gifting the male celebrities the Eau Sauvage fragrance, limited edition exclusive and the Eau Sauvage Christian Dior exclusive tie. The male celebrities I have chosen to gift are, Johnny Depp, Bradley Cooper, Brad Pitt, James Franco and Ryan Gosling. Their ages range from 34 to 50 - reaching the target market for Eau Sauvage perfectly. I will also be doing a 15 second instagram clip with each male celebrity, asking them what it take to be successful and the reason they love Eau Sauvage. These clips will be released week by week online starting 5 weeks before the launch (a week per each male icon) on the Dior social networking platforms and on the website. The reason I have chosen these specific males is because they are iconic classic actors much like Eau Sauvage is an iconic and classic fragrance to the fashion house Dior. 

I plan to release the limited edition Eau Savage bottle on 1st September 2015 as September is the start of the year in terms of the fashion industry. I will request for the celebrities to take pictures of their bottle and tweet/instagram about the launch and the limited edition offer and #EauSauvage. I have designed promotional adverts with the release date on for their social media channels for them to work with if they do not have time to take personal pictures. 

EXAMPLES
RYAN GOSLING
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ryangosling 1.7M followers
JAMES FRANCO 
Twitter: https://twitter.com/JamesFrancoTV 2.63M followers